Electrical Services in Greenville, SC
At Dipple Plumbing, Electrical, Heating & Air, we take pride in the fact that our electricians have served the community for 40 years. When it comes to your electrical needs, our licensed electricians take care of every detail. We use high-quality equipment, tools, and materials to ensure that the job is completed correctly and safely the first time.
Our Electrical Services
- Electrical wiring, inspections, and repair
- Breaker and ballast replacement
- Appliance hook-up
- Lighting and dimmer installation
- Cable TV and phone jack installation
- Surge protectionMeter bases
- RV and mobile home hookups
- Panel Upgrades
- Switches and outlets
- AV and telephone lines
- Surge protection
- Light fixture and ceiling fan installation
- Exhaust fans
- EV charging stations
- Generac generator sales, maintenance, and repair
- Real estate inspections
Warning Signs: Electrical Malfunctions
It’s important to be vigilant and keep an eye on all of your electrical equipment. By looking out for warning signs, as well as using your equipment properly, you may avoid a catastrophe.
Look for these warning signs:
- Hot sockets or plugs
- Blown fuses
- Recurring circuit breaker trips
- Scorch or char marks
- Damaged or frayed cables, cords, and wires
- Flickering or dimming lights
- Buzzing or slight shock when turning something on
- Burning smell
Electrical Safety at Home
Electrical safety tips:
- Check your cords – There are likely a number of electrical cords in your house, whether they’re running from an appliance to the wall or from the wall to your bedside lamp. You may have surge protectors and extension cords plugged into your outlets to expand the reach of your electricity, but it’s important to use these in the proper manner. Plugging too many things into an outlet can pose a risk, and frayed or worn cords can be very dangerous. It’s best to plug an appliance directly into the wall with its own cord, and when you unplug it, always pull on the plastic plug housing, never the cord itself.
- Clean your appliances – We want our appliances to run smoothly, and that sometimes requires us to work on and clean them. In the kitchen, you may have a coffee maker, microwave, and toaster that all use electricity to cook your food and make you that first cup of joe in the morning. When cleaning these appliances, it’s always a good idea to unplug them first before you wipe them down or take them apart for maintenance. Even when they’re turned off, they’re still pulling power from the outlet they’re plugged into, and it’s important to avoid the risk of a shock. With larger appliances such as your television or your washer and dryer, it’s best to call a certified repair service to take care of any issues. Your dryer likely has a 220v plug, and that maintenance should always be left to an experience electrician.
- Be aware of power lines – The electricity for your home has to come from somewhere, and that’s usually from overhead power lines outside your home. There is likely a line that runs from the pole in the alley, and it’s important to avoid overhead lines whenever you’re working outside. If you’re trimming trees or working on the roof, be aware of where these overhead lines are so that you can avoid electrocution. If you’re playing with the kids in the backyard and they have a kite or a drone, make sure they keep the toys away from the power lines.
Professional Electrical Repair in Greenville, SC
If you are looking for safe and professional electrical repair services in Greenville, SC, our electrical technicians are highly skilled and have combined years of experience. Common signs that you need electrical repairs include things such as flickering lights, a frequently tripping circuit breaker, an odd burning odor coming from your home’s electrical switches or outlets, broken light switches, frequent sparks every time you plug in your electrical appliances, or feelings of small electrical shocks when you touch your appliances. If you notice any of the signs mentioned, we strongly suggest that you contact a professional electrician straight away to get the situation inspected for you; it really is a safety concern for you and your loved ones. If an electrical problem in your home is left unnoticed and not taken care of as soon as possible, it could not only cause widespread damage, but it could also lead to fatal situations such as electrical fires and electrocutions. At Dipple Plumbing, we take our electrical services very seriously, and know how important it is to conduct safe and professional work to ensure your safety, as well as the optimal functioning of your home’s electrical systems. Contact us to learn more about how our electrical services in Greenville, SC can make your home a better and safer place for you today.
Electrical Work Is Dangerous: Contact a Local Professional
Although you may be tempted to take care of your own electrical needs, keep in mind that you may cause serious harm to yourself, family members, and to your home and neighborhood if you make an error. The highly-experienced professional electricians at Dipple are available in the Upstate and Greenville, SC regions, and are committed to helping with every electrical need.