How Often Should You Have Your Electrical System Checked?
It’s been said that you should have your home electrical system checked every 10-40 years. That’s a big gap! So how do you know if it’s time to schedule home electrical repair service in Anderson, SC, to check out your system? Here are 5 signs that you should pay attention to that will signal a growing problem with your electricity.
5 Common Signs You Need Electrical Service
- Regular Circuit Trips – Every so often a circuit may trip. You have to locate your circuit box and flip the switch. No harm done. However, if you find your circuit tripping on a regular basis, it’s time to get a professional to check it out. It could be telling you that the circuit is overloaded. There could be a short or a fault in the system that is causing the problem. A professional will check it out for you and fix the problem.
- Flickering Lights – When your lights start to flicker, there could be damage to the wiring within the fixture, a faulty switch, or even issues with a fault. Another common issue with lights is dimming. If your lights start unexpectedly dimming, the system could be overloaded or there could be an issue in the wiring.
- Damaged Insulation – Damaged insulation should be looked at by a professional as soon as possible, because it could lead to a fire hazard. Signs of damaged insulation include frayed, cut, or burnt wires or insulation.
- Buzzing Outlets – There should never be a buzzing sound coming from your outlets. If you hear sounds, there could be a faulty device plugged in or loose wires. Also, if your outlet ever gets hot or shocks you, you should have a professional check it out immediately.
- >Burning Smells – If something smells like it’s burning, you should follow your nose to the smell. If you can’t find what is causing it, your wiring is the most likely culprit. It’s important to have the wires inspected as soon as possible, because they could cause a potential fire hazard.
The Importance of Professional Electric Service
In recent years, more and more people have been adding new loads to their homes that cause issues for their electrical system. This could include new high-efficient appliances or extra outlets to meet your growing technology needs. Whatever the case may be, it’s important to have a licensed electrician come to your home to make sure that your electrical system is up to code. Contact Dipple Plumbing, Electrical, Heating & Air to schedule an inspection. We’ll look for potential hazards and help you correct them before they lead to a fire or other problems.